Our aim is to achieve your body's optimal performance and health through user friendly nutritional recommendations.
Nutritional therapy can help with the following:
• Lack of energy / Fatigue
• Skin health: Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis
• Digestive issues: IBS, bloating, heartburn, diarrhoea, constipation
• Sports Performance
• Stress / Anxiety
• High Cholesterol
• Allergies & Intolerances
• Headaches / Migraine
• Weight Management: over / under weight
• Fertility & pre / post natal care
• Hormone imbalances: PMS, Menopause
• Skeletal Health: Osteoporosis, Arthritis
& Many more...
The stresses and strains of modern living can all take a toll on our well being. Many of us suffer from nagging complaints that we do not pay much attention to until something serious goes wrong. Nutritional therapy is about treating the root of the problem, not just the symptoms; identifying nutrient imbalances and deficiencies and correcting them through diet and lifestyle.
Nutritional requirements differ greatly from person to person, subject to many factors such as; age, genes, dietary patterns, lifestyle, gender, health status, etc... Therefore, at Body Optimum we tailor every nutritional program on an individual basis to help you make realistic changes to get you back on the path to optimal health.
What is involved?
Initial complete health assessment & treatment plan (2 parts):
Part one (60 minute consultation):
Body composition analysis
- this detects muscle and fat ratios in the body, active tissue mass, muscle quality, hydration, fluids inside and outside the cells - a great marker for cellular health and toxicity. This is an exciting new technology* which enables me to look inside your body to determine your state of health and then develop a bespoke treatment plan to target your problem areas. It uses two small electrodes placed on the hand and foot to measure your data.
Blood pressure check
Full case history taken
- To identify any imbalances or deficiencies, that may be affecting your health
Food diary analysis
Report of findings
Part two (20 minute telephone consultation within one week)
Health check results
Initial treatment plan
(emailed)- We will discuss your personal goals and set realistic, achievable treatment targets. You will be emailed a personalised eating and lifestyle plan, specific to your nutritional needs. This may include the use of supplements if deemed necessary. This also includes meal plans, recipes and information handouts.
Schedule of treatment
Follow-ups (up to 60 mins):
Nutrition and therapeutic lifestyle advice to keep you motivated. Review of initial treatment plans; identifying strengths and supporting weaknesses; re-assessment of goals; body composition re-tests to track your progress with charted progress reports so you can see the health benefits within your body as well as the improvements to the way you look and feel. Further recommendations to propel you to a higher state of health.
6 monthly complete health assessment re-test (60 mins)
Including body composition analysis, blood pressure, total cholesterol, food diary analysis and ongoing food and lifestyle plan.
* Further clinical testing also available - please contact for more info